I finally took up the task of installing and using WordPress. As Blogger no longer facilitates storage with you own host, I decided to migrate. I now will start republishing my older entries, as well as uploading new ones. And try to figure out how to adapt style and presentation more in line with the old blog.
I finally succeeded in finalising the scan job of the large amount of pictures from the past. Also, the remaining logs of 2009 were added to the database.
And last, but no least, I succeeded in some minor improvements to the scripts in use on some of the pages.
Finally I succeeded, after almost two weeks, to have my websites back up and running. As my hoster Lycos did quit the hosting business I had to look for another. So apologies in case you could not find what you were looking for. The error was on my side.
Some errors concerning correct use of MySQL are still around, most pages are now back ok.